Related Recipe Collections
Related Menu Collections
School of Rock
These tunes will have you dancing like it's the last day of school. (Oh, wait--it is!)
- School's Out Alice Cooper
- Celebration Kool & the Gang
- Summertime Will Smith
- Freedom 90 George Michael
- Golden Years David Bowie
- It's My Life No Doubt
- Beautiful Day U2
- Good Times Roll The Cars
- Smokin' in the Boys Room Brownsville Station
- It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) R.E.M.
Here are some flicks sure to take you back to your glory days:
- Breakfast Club
- Never Been Kissed
- Can't Buy Me Love
- Napoleon Dynamite
- Bring it On
- Dazed and Confused
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Make a stack of game sheets so each guest can take a crack at matching the quote to the correct movie--extra credit points to those who can name the character who said it:
1. "I did it when I was a freshman, and you'll do it when you're seniors. But you're doing great. Now fry like bacon, you little freshman piggies. Fry!"
2. "What Jefferson was saying was, Hey! You know, we left this England place 'cause it was bogus; so if we don't get some cool rules ourselves--pronto--we'll just be bogus too! Get it?"
3. "We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all."
4. "So. Okay. I don't want to be a traitor to my generation and all but I don't get how guys dress today. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair--ew--and cover it up with a backwards cap and like, we're expected to swoon? I don't think so."
5. "All you need is for one person to think you're cool, and you're in. Everyone else will be scared to question it."
6. "I mean, he went from totally geek, to totally chic!"
7. "You know, there's like a boat-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bow staff."
8. "My top schools where I want to apply to are Oxford and the Sorbonne. My safety's Harvard."
9. "Incredible! One of the worst performances of my career and they never doubted it for a second."
10. "This is not a democracy, it's a cheerocracy. I'm sorry, but I'm overruling you."
(Answers at left.)