Cap off a spectacular day in the sun with a fun homemade feast on the beach.
Keep it Cool at the Beach
Here are five tips to keep you from overheating in the sunshine.
- Pack some ice. It keeps the food cold, chills drinks, and refreshes overheated bodies.
- Don your hats. Protect your head from direct sunlight and you'll keep cooler.
- Make some shade. Pack a beach umbrella or other portable sun shelter.
- Drink up. A well-hydrated body is better able to keep its cool.
- Get wet. Splashing in the surf is a fast way to cool off on a hot day. And don’t forget to reapply the sunblock!
We've chosen recipes specially suited for an adventure at the beach.
"These are a delicious make-ahead lunch!" -- Melissa Verna, recipe submitter
"I was looking for a different way to serve fruit, and it just popped into my head! Why not use fruit skewers?" -- AnaJ930, recipe submitter
"Tart, rich and perfection, all rolled into one! Wow your friends with this simple recipe." -- Patty Schenck, recipe submitter