Easter desserts are fun to make and decorate. Try some of these colorful and creative ideas!
Lamb cakes are a traditional Easter centerpiece symbolizing spring and fertility. You can still find the molds in stores today. They are traditionally made with pound cake but your favorite cake mix will work just as well. Decorate with shredded coconut for a wooly coat.
Carrot cakes are very popular at Easter time. They make a lovely addition to a brunch buffet. Decorate with orange frosting "carrots" for a festive look.
Cut an 8-inch cake layer in half. Sandwich the layers with frosting and then position the cake on its flat edge to frost the body.
- Cut a notch into the cake behind the "head" to help define the body.
- Decorate with shredded coconut for the fur.
- Use toasted coconut for a brown bunny.
- To make ears, flatten a large marshmallow and use scissors to cut it in half diagonally.
- Cut another marshmallow in half and press the rounds into the frosting to create cheeks.
- Miniature marshmallows make cute little bunny teeth. Jelly beans make great eyes and noses.
Cupcakes are a treat for all ages. Dye shredded coconut green to look like Easter grass and sprinkle on top of the frosting. Place candies in the center like an Easter basket. Use candy and marshmallows to make cute animal faces or flowers. Cupcakes are so much fun to make and serve!
Frosted sugar cookies are great for any occasion. Decorate them with flowers to celebrate the coming of spring. Cut out oval shapes and decorate to look like Easter eggs. Bunnies and chicks are also cute. Get the kids involved for a fun holiday project!