VIDEO: How to Make an Easter Buffet >>
This easy menu will allow you to relax and enjoy the holiday.
- Early in the morning, or the night before, bake and ice carrot cake; toast walnuts.
- Two hours before the meal, make angel biscuits and let rise.
- Cook ham, glazing periodically as instructed.
- Boil sweet potatoes.
- Remove ham from oven; bake sweet potato casserole.
- Steam green beans and toss with seasonings.
- Bake biscuits.
- Set the table with pastel- or cream-colored linens. Clean and ready serving dishes. Find a nice basket (or brightly colored Easter basket) to hold biscuits.
- Line miniature pots of spring flowers--daffodils or tulips--down the center of the table. Later, the flowers can be planted in the garden or in outdoor pots.
- Keep your centerpieces low so that guests can see each other. Use tall arrangements for dramatic displays near the serving area or on side tables. Try setting out florist buckets of forsythia or pussy willow branches in addition to the traditional lilies.
- Consider making two batches of angel biscuits: a cross between a roll and a biscuit, these light and fluffy buns are perfect for ham sandwiches.
- When tossing the green beans with lemon zest, add small amounts at a time until it's right for your taste. Too much lemon zest can overpower a dish.
Get hopping on your Easter plans!