For one night only, living in the past is highly encouraged!
This easy cheesy menu will keep you fueled up as you dance your way through two decades of Top 40 hits.
Asparagus and Goat Cheese Quesadillas: Fresh asparagus snuggles up with creamy goat cheese in a warm tortilla blanket.
Best Ever Jalapeno Poppers: These hot little poppers are a party for your taste buds.
- Always protect your hands with rubber or latex gloves when handling peppers.
- You can substitute real bacon for bacon bits and pepperjack for Cheddar cheese.
- Coat peppers ahead of time and freeze until you’re ready to get frying.
- Fear of frying? Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve with a dipping sauce such ranch dressing or chipotle jelly.
Blanca's Cherry Cheese Tarts: Little cherry tarts keep the party cheesin' right along.
Lava Lamps: Cool and colorful champagne gelatin shots are oh so retro!
Party Ideas & Tips
Here's your permission to commit crimes against fashion and still maintain your self-esteem.
- Have everyone come dressed as style icons from the 80s and 90s for a rockin' retro dance party. Award prizes in fun categories: biggest hair, best mullet, most distressed jeans, most authentic interpretation of an era, etc. Take "yearbook" Polaroid snapshots and caption them with "Most Likely to…" Post and share your photos.
- 1980s--Permed hair, shoulder pads, acid-wash jeans, lace gloves, hair bows, leg warmers, skinny ties, tight tees rolled-up sleeves, and pastels. Think young Madonna, techno pop, and Duran Duran. Channel "Dynasty" and "Miami Vice." Rent "Desperately Seeking Susan" and "The Breakfast Club."
- 1990s--Break out the flannel shirts, baggy jeans, hip hop wanna-be threads, fanny packs, and parachute pants. Think Seattle grunge, boy bands, punk, goth, and Spice Girls. Rent "The Big Lebowski" and "Clerks."