Added spinach for healthy kick and some color!
1. Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels, break up into little bits. Set aside.
2. I used frozen spinach. Squeeze all the water out of the spinach so that its pliable but not "wet". Crumble in the bacon, and stir to distribute.
3. Cut 2-3 inch slit in side of chicken breast 3/4 across. Stuff with spinach mixture.
4. Hold together with tooth picks.
5. Lay breast in pot and cover with chicken stock.
6. Bring to Boil. Turn down to low, cover and simmer for a few minutes on each side. Cut into meat to check for pinkness.
7. Place meat on plate and pour stock over it.
Date Posted: Feb. 17, 2012
Cooking Level: Intermediate
Cooks I Like
Magnificent main dishes for your holiday table are here, from roast beef to a Christmas goose.
Dozens and dozens of appetizers perfect for the winter season.
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $5!
Read our allrecipes.com blog