1. Used butter instead of shortening
2. Added 2 tsp of cocoa powder (I like a bit of colour to keep to the brownie name - otherwise it would be a blondie). It turned out to be a good decision as the contrasting colours add interest to the cake.
3. Used milk chocolate chips and reduced the amount of white sugar
4. Used toasted chopped walnuts instead of pecans
5. Prepared the chesecake portion first before the brownies. Whenever I bake, I have this mental image of the baking soda reacting fast with the liquids and such... and if I do not put it soon enough into the oven, the cake will not rise. A novice baker's phobia, I guess....
Date Posted: Jan. 9, 2007
Cooks I Like
French toast is such a perfect breakfast, light lunch, or even supper on these warm days.
Try one of our 100-plus cool cucumber salads.
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $7.99!
Read our allrecipes.com blog